Instruction for use
Indications for use
- Endocrine diseases such as primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency, congenital hyperplasia (overgrowth)
adrenal glands, purulent thyroiditis (purulent inflammation of the thyroid gland), giperkaliemia (elevated levels of calcium in the blood) due to neoplastic disease.
- Rheumatic diseases short course as adjunctive therapy in exacerbation of the process. Populationregistration and metabolic joint diseases, including psoriatic arthritis (joint inflammation in psoriasis), revmatoidnyj arthritis (infectious-allergic disease from the group of collagen diseases, characterized by chronic progressive inflammation of the joints), juvenile (in childhood or adolescence) rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (a disease of the spine), acute and subacute bursitis (inflammation of the joint capsule), acute and nonspecific tendosynovit (combined inflammation of the tendon and inner lining of joint), acute gouty arthritis (inflammation of the joint as a result of sediment in the tissues of the joint uric acid), posttraumatic osteoarthritis (non-inflammatory disease of a joint), synovitis (inflammation of the inner lining of the joint) in osteoarthritis, epicondylitis (inflammation of a limited portion of the humerus bone that is the attachment site for muscles and tendons).
- Collagen diseases (during an exacerbation or as maintenance therapy if necessary), such as systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic dermatomyositis (systemic disease of muscle and skin, characterized by impaired motor activity and redness and swelling of the exposed areas of the skin), acute rheumatic carditis (inflammation of all tissues of the heart in cases of rheumatic fever), polymyalgia rheumatica (widespread muscle pain, rheumatism), periarteritis nodosa (inflammation of arteries, which leads to the formation in the tissues and organs areas of necrosis - necrosis), giant cell arthritis (variant of the course of inflammatory diseases of the joint).
- Skin diseases, such as puzyrchatka (a disease characterized by eruption of blisters on apparently intact skin and mucosa), bullous dermatitis herpetiformis (a disease characterized by the appearance on the skin of the trunk and extremities itchy rashes that look like blisters and bubbles are arranged in the form of rings and garlands), severe erythema multiforme (variously occurring skin disorder manifested by redness damaged skin), exfoliative dermatitis (disease, characterized by the reddening of all or almost all of the skin, with its krupnoplastinchatam peeling), mycosis fungoides (malignant tumor /cancer/ lymphoid tissue), severe psoriasis, severe seborrheic dermatitis (skin disease, mainly of the face and scalp, caused by dysfunction of the sebaceous glands). Allergic conditions (severe or disabling condition, not amenable to adequate conventional therapy), such as seasonal or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity), serum sickness (allergic disease caused by parenteral /bypassing the digestive tract/ introduction into the body large amounts of protein), asthma, drug Allergy (an Allergy to some drug), contact (skin inflammation due to direct action of damaging factor /physical, chemical and p./) or atopic (skin disease caused by dysfunction of the nervous system, characterized by the formation of small itchy rash symmetrically arranged skin surfaces face, neck and in the back passage and genital organs) susceptibility.
- Eye diseases (severe acute and chronic processes), such as the regional allergic corneal ulcers, eye Herpeszoster(disease of the eye caused by the herpes virus), anterior segment inflammation, diffuse posterior uveitis (inflammation of the choroid eyeball), sympathetic ophthalmia (inflammation of the front part of the mucous membrane of the eye due to penetrating wound of the other eye), allergic conjunctivitis (inflammation of the outer casing eyes), keratit (corneal inflammation), chorioretinitis (inflammation of retina and vessels of the eye), optic neuritis (inflammation) of the optic nerve, iritis (inflammation of the iris) and iridocyclitis (inflammation of iris and ciliary body of the eye). The respiratory diseases such as symptomatic sarcoidosis (a disease characterized by the appearance under the skin and in internal organs of the dense nodes, and tubercles), Leffler syndrome (allergic lung disease characterized by formation of one or both lungs of transient dense formations composed of clusters of eosinophils a special form of white blood cells), beryllium (occupational lung disease caused by inhalation of beryllium or its compounds), focal or disseminated pulmonary tuberculosis (when antituberculous chemotherapy), aspiration pneumonitis (inflammation of lungs due to the ingress of foreign bodies or liquid).
- Hematological diseases (diseases of the blood system), such as idiopathic (caused by unclear reasons) thrombocytopenic purpura (multiple small hemorrhages in the skin and mucous membranes associated with a reduced level of platelets in the blood) in adults, secondary thrombocytopenia (low levels of platelets in the blood) in adults, autoimmune hemolytic anemia (increased breakdown of red blood cells in connection with the violation of the immune status of the organism), eritroblastopenia (reduction mainly in the bone marrow, cells of the erythroid series progenitor cells of blood cells) congenital (erythroid) hypoplastic anemia (reduction of hemoglobin in the blood due to inhibition of hematopoietic function of bone marrow). Leukemia (a malignant tumor arising from hematopoietic cells and affecting the bone marrow /blood cancer) and lymphoma (General name for tumours arising from lymphoid tissue) adults as part of combination therapy. Childhood acute leukemia in combination therapy. Terminal (pre-death) stage of the process in oncological patients - to improve quality of life. Gastrointestinal diseases such as ulcerative colitis (inflammation of the colon with formation of ulcers and regional enteritis (inflammation of an individual section of the small intestine) - part of systemic therapy in the critical period of the disease.
- Diseases of the nervous system such as multiple sclerosis (systemic disease of the membranes of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord) during exacerbation, traumatic spinal cord injury (within 8 h after trauma), swelling of the brain due to tumors (primary or metastatic) and/or associated with trauma, with surgery or radiation therapy. The shock adrenocorticoid insufficiency (insufficient function of the adrenal cortex) or shock resistant (resistant) to standard therapy - in situations where it is impossible to exclude adrenal insufficiency. Trainees (a human disease caused by parasitic worms - Trichinella) with nervous system or myocardium (heart muscle). Transplantation (transplantation) of organs. Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with antineoplastic chemotherapy. The drug is also used to increase diuresis (urination) or achieve remission (temporary weakening or disappearance of manifestations of the disease) nephrotic syndrome (a painful condition characterized by massive edema and high protein in the urine; observed in diseases of the kidney), in tuberculous meningitis (inflammation of the meninges caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis) with subarachnoid block (violation of the outflow of cerebrospinal fluid in the space between the arachnoid and the soft meninges) or in the threat of a block with concurrent antitubercular therapy.
Method of application
Recommended modes of administration: intramuscular, intraarticular, periarticular (in the space surrounding the joint), intramurally (the joint capsule), the soft tissue in the pathological focus, installation (putting drops) into the rectum.
Systemic fungal infections; hypersensitivity to methylprednisolone.
During treatment, the drug should not be vaccination against smallpox and other immunization procedures in connection with the possibility of neurological complications and lack of antibody productions.
Depomedrol be used with caution in nonspecific ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis (inflammation of diverticula due to stagnation of its content /diverticula - protrusion wall of the hollow body, communicating with its cavity/), the availability of fresh intestinal anastomoses (created surgically messages between bowel loops), latent gastric or duodenal, abscesses (ulcers) or other purulent infection, renal insufficiency, hypertension, osteoporosis, myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness).
The use of depomedrol during pregnancy and lactation requires a careful assessment of benefit from the use of the drug and potential risk to mother and fetus, it is prescribed only when there is a clear need. Children born to women treated during pregnancy significant dose depomedrol should be subject to careful monitoring for signs of adrenal insufficiency.
Release form. Sterile aqueous suspension for injection 40 mg/ml in ampoules of 1, 2 and 5 ml.
Storage conditions. In a cool, dark place.
Synonyms. Urbason suspension, Metipred.
Composition. A 40% slurry (suspension of solid particles in liquid) of methylprednisolone acetate.
Active substance: Methylprednisolone